Monday 13 March 2017

Managing Our Learning at Reading.

In Reading, we have a 'must do' / 'can do' board. We have a number of activities that must be done by the end of the week, we also have some activities that we can do if we would like. We have our own individual timetable which we fill in each morning. We make decisions on when we do certain things, how long we spend doing them and what we need to do next. Here are our thoughts on our Reading board.
  • I really like Spelling Rock n Roll because I can write my spelling words in all sorts of different ways.    William
  • I like Spelling Rock n Roll because it is a fun way to learn your words.   Susanne
  • I like Word Study because it is like thinking time. Gaurika
  • Independent Writing is really fun and relaxing. I like writing what I want to.   Lucas
  • The board tells me all the hard work to do. I like how we can get on with it then we have Golden Time if we do a great job.   Nicolas
  • I like how we can do Pic Collage for online learning and we can make our own page.  James
  • I like doing poetry because we can draw a picture that matches the poem. I also like browsing box because it’s fun reading.   Arshia.
  • I like doing browsing box because you get to read a book that you already know how to read.    Gaurika
  • I like doing poetry because they are really funny. Dillon
  • I like reading because it is calm and relaxing. Harley

2 comments:

  1. It's great to read about and to see in your classroom all the ways you are going about managing your own learning. I loved reading all of your own reflections on this too especially about Spelling Rock 'n Roll (what a cool name!) and so pleased to see how you are using Pic Collage. Keep up the awesome work Room 8!

    ReplyDelete